This recipe makes 6-8 servings (any leftovers can be put in the freezer for later)
- 1lb. dried white beans, soaked overnight drained and rinsed
- 4 cups of broth (your choice of vegetable or chicken)
- 2 cups of Brita Pro filtered fresh water
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced kale
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- Salt, black pepper to taste (add a dash of red pepper or hot sauce to add a little heat if you like)
To soak the beans, begin by simply rinsing them in a colander for a couple of minutes. Then transfer the beans to a bowl and cover them with fresh filtered water about two inches higher than the level of the beans. Leave the bowl in the refrigerator overnight, then drain and rinse once again before using them in the morning.
Place soaked beans, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, kale and sage in the slow cooker and cover them with the broth and filtered water. Replace the lid and cook covered for 4-8 hours, then season to taste.
For more great recipes and tips, visit www.britapro.com.
Trust Brita PRO to protect your family’s water supply.
Only Brita PRO customizes its whole-home water filter to remove all impurities from your family’s water. And only Brita PRO tests your water with an independent, EPA-certified lab before and after installation to deliver the peace of mind you get when you know that your family is safe.