There are good drinks, bad drinks, and then there are great drinks! Here we give you some terrific tips that can make them all more enjoyable. Water is a primary component in all drinks, and the major ingredient in most. Therefore, there is one simple way to instantly improve them all by using filtered water for making the best tasting beverages and cocktails.
Some common types of drinks aside from pure water include coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juice and bouillons, broths, and consommés. In addition, many people enjoy alcoholic drinks such as wine, beer, and liquor. It’s always a good thing to keep in mind that the ice used in cold drinks is just as important. Nobody wants impurities in the middle of their ice cubes, particularly since the diluted ice can make up approximately a quarter of the beverage. Better ice equals better drinks.
Minerals, chemicals, organic matter, and other contaminants can affect both the quality of the water that is used to make your drinks and any ice that may be added. In fact, water that has high amounts of calcium and magnesium is considered hard water. If the water in your home contains substantial amounts of these minerals, it can have an effect on the way your drinks come out.
So always begin with only fresh, pure filtered water and follow these additional tips for the best beverages and cocktails:
- Add fresh citrus fruits such as lemons, limes, or oranges. Try crushing, infusing, or muddling fresh berries, watermelon, cucumber or herbs such as fresh mint to add refreshing flavors as well.
- Make it sparkle by using a simple counter-top machine to carbonate water using carbon dioxide. Just fill the bottle with fresh, filtered water and press the button on top to have delicious sparkling water.
- Use juice including cranberry, pomegranate, pineapple, and apple, but look for all natural, with no added sugars.
- Check the water temperature for coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Water isn’t simply an ingredient, but the solvent which extracts the flavor compounds of these hot beverages. Colder water can result in a flat, under-extracted beverage, while water that is too hot can cause a loss of quality in the taste.
- Get creative with the ice and add flavorings such as mint or fruit directly into the cubes. Consider fun shapes and sizes rather than standard cubes to add more interest and affect dilution rates. Different types of ice can serve varying purposes.
- Go for savory with bouillons, broths, and consommés. Satisfying hot and savory liquids can provide great health benefits, when low-fat and low-sodium versions are chosen. In fact, studies indicate that broth-based soups can reduce inflammation in the human body.
Many baristas, mixologists and bartenders affirm the value of the all-natural, pure, and fresh water that a high-quality filtration can produce. Brita PRO’s whole home filtration improves the quality of water with a high-capacity reverse osmosis system.
Learn more about the Brita PRO difference at www.britapro.com.
Trust Brita PRO to protect your family’s water supply.
Only Brita PRO customizes its whole-home water filter to remove all impurities from your family’s water. And only Brita PRO tests your water with an independent, EPA-certified lab before and after installation to deliver the peace of mind you get when you know that your family is safe.