August 31st is National Eat Outside Day, providing a terrific opportunity to celebrate the end of summer by taking time to enjoy a delicious meal in the fresh air. Al fresco dining is simply eating outside, whether it is packing up a picnic lunch to take to a park or grilling outside in the yard with friends and family. Here we provide our 7 tips for the very best al fresco dining experience:
- Pick a Good Location – Eating outside always seems to make food taste fresher, and a terrific view or great people watching, can make it even better.
- Choose your timing – Planning a day of fun in the sun is great, especially if there is water available nearby to cool off. However, the warm glow of a softly lit, outdoor evening meal can provide the ultimate in relaxation or romance.
- Make it Comfortable – Ensure there is adequate space for everyone, relaxed seating, and available shelter from intense sun or unexpected showers.
- Keep it Safe – Practice food safety by keeping cold food cold, hot food hot, and rinsing fresh fruits and vegetables with fresh, clean water before packing them in a cooler.
- Consider Outdoor Hand Cleaning – Be sure to bring an extra container of clean water, some soap, and paper towels along.
- Remember the Sun Protection – Protect eyes, skin and scalp from intense summer sun.
- Provide Plenty of Water – Anyone can easily become dehydrated outside if they don’t drink enough water, especially after being in the heat for prolonged periods of time. Be especially aware that children who are having fun outdoors might not want to stop and drink even though they are thirsty.
Of course, when water tastes great, everyone drinks more. When you’re preparing for a fun outdoor dining experience, remember to rinse your fruits and vegetables first and bring plenty of fresh, clean Brita PRO filtered water for drinking and outdoor hand cleaning also. Brita PRO’s whole home high-capacity under-sink reverse osmosis system filtration not only helps to eliminate harmful contaminants, but clean filtered water also tastes better than standard tap water. Brita PRO has a global reputation for water filtration leadership and innovation. Learn more about the Brita PRO difference at www.britapro.com.
Trust Brita PRO to protect your family’s water supply.
Only Brita PRO customizes its whole-home water filter to remove all impurities from your family’s water. And only Brita PRO tests your water with an independent, EPA-certified lab before and after installation to deliver the peace of mind you get when you know that your family is safe.